Friday, February 26, 2016

I'm going to take a break from blogging because of my grandpa

I'm not sure how long the break will be or even if I take one at all since writing is my outlet at times and helps me feel better. Anyways to put it bluntly, my grandpa passed away today. He was in his 70's and was in the hospital since last week.

He originally went because of pneumonia then he had water in his lungs so he was put on a respirator and I believe on life support because of how weak his lungs became. He didn't want to eat during the past 3 days and he lost the will to leave. So he died today in the evening.

I didn't figure he would die simply because all he had to do was eat his hospital food and make an effort just like I known him to do all his life but he choose to go into the light.

He was the toughest person I knew and I last saw him in person in 2007. The last time I talked to him was early this month(feb). He told me to keep trying in life and he was proud of me and what I accomplished and to save up for a car(which I was doing).

He also said to take care of my sister and to get a woman(yeah he's from a different time). I didn't realize that would be the last time I would speak to him but now it makes sense.

I was hoping to see him next year or in 2017 then he'll would have been surprised over how much I changed since 2007. I would have helped him do yard work and harvest his crops. I also would have driven him to doctor's appointments.

I already miss him dearly and in case your wondering, no I am not crying but thinking of the song my immortal by evanescence is giving the urge to do cry so I'll think of the good times I had with my grandpa. I'm not a super tough I can't cry person and the last time I cried was in 2005. I figured my grandpa would be around 10 to 15 years more but he ended up going before his time

No comments:

Post a Comment