Saturday, September 27, 2014

Derek Jeter

Yes I am a huge baseball fan and even though I am a big angels fan I am also sad that derek jeter is going to be playing his last game tomorrow. He has been in the MLB ever since I could remember even my childhood nintendo power magazines have him on the back cover. Seriously, he's in half of the back covers of video game magazines in 1998 due to him being the cover boy of allstar baseball. It is also weird that another 90's player is retiring. The only ones I can think of that made their debuts in the 90's and are still playing are: torii hunter and joe nathan and jason giambi and raul ibanez and bartolo colon. I'll miss him and the yankees will look even more weird without andy pettitte or mariano rivera or derek jeter. I believed that he would retire in 2016 or 17 and then become a hitting coach. I have a timer set on my tv for his final game tomorrow and I will surely get something in my eye during the game similar to mariano's last game.

No comments:

Post a Comment