Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I finally beat silent hill shattered memories

I didn't play it every day so it took me awhile to beat also I wouldn't play at night since the shadow kids scare me. I also wanted to avoid having nightmares or lucid dreams. It is pretty short but enjoyable. One of the creepiest parts is a shadow kid in a carnival that you have to follow across the room. There is also a scene where you are stuck in a locked car underwater. Towards the end you have to swim across a river to a lighthouse, You can look down if you dare, at the bottom you'll see horrible scenes involving harry(the character your playing as) such as him getting into a car accident. I half expected to have a blind creature grab my leg so I swam as fast I could. The lighthouse is the last area of the game and leads to the ending. Which I'll post here so yes there are SPOILERS in case you don't want to read ahead.

WARNING SPOILERS ARE POSTED AHEAD




WARNING

 ok seriously this is your last chance if you don't want the ending to be spoiled







Throughout the game there are some first person view sessions with a therapist. The therapist never mentions your name or talks about you. From playing the game you assume it is harry that is sitting in the chair. At the end when you walk into the light house you find out that it is cheryl who is having the therapy sessions. Harry spends the whole game searching for her and he is finally reunited with her right?  here is the 2nd plot twist that blows your mind. Harry has been dead the whole time, the harry you play as, was cheryl's imagination which is why there is the whole ice world thing. Yes that blew my mind almost as much as the ending to the village or the 6th sense(I never saw those movies). The ending kicks in and depending on how you played and how you answered the questions you can get happy or sad endings. I got the happy ending, harry told cheryl he'll always be there for her. She accepts his death and he turns into ice then vanishes then we see the home movie that is shown at the intro screen. Harry and his wife are divorcing but they still care for cheryl. If you pay really good attention you would notice that some of the ghost apparitions look a lot like harry and cheryl. The most obvious one is at the carnival. If you take a picture of a photo op you will see a young cheryl and harry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment