Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sundays feel retro too and the ford taurus

If there is one car that defines the 90's it is easily the ford taurus. It seems like sales picked up steam in 1990 and all the 1st and 2nd gen cars went into a crusher in 1999. These cars used to be everywhere especially in a light blue or silver color. I'm sure you know someone that used to have one or your parents had one or two. My mom had a steelish silver one from the early 90's similar to this one pictured. She only had it for 2 or 3 years but it felt like she owned it for 10. I remember reading magazines and playing gameboy pocket in the back seat and listening to my portable FM radio. Nowadays the first and 2nd generation of taurii have become unicorns. It's been awhile since I seen one and keep in mind they were for a time, the best selling car in the united states. I'm not sure where they all went but seeing one is like seeing a ufo. I want a 1991 model with black paint because that looks good and I'll put a new engine and transmission and be blasting smells like teen spirit all the time. I will give new life to a neglected car. The taurus might seem ugly but I like it better then most modern cars. It has a timeless streamlined style that doesn't go overboard which is ironic because this car is what killed the boxy styling of the 80's. I wish my mom still kept her taurus but she sadly crashed into a wall sometime in the 90's. It may be gone but I still have my magazines and the memories spent in the back seat just waiting to go to toys r us or kmart or the santa fe springs mall. I was sad to see it go as a crumpled heap and I'm sure it is up in car heaven just waiting for me to drive it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment