Friday, May 6, 2016

Retro fridays and the simpsons arcade game

Released in the early 90's at the hay day of simpsons mania(yes they were extremely popular in the early 90s) the simpsons arcade is a simple beat'em up game but the charm lies in it's gameplay. The controls are easy to master with only a jump and an attack button.

The game itself is addicting especially when played with 3 other players. Yes it has co-op and the simpsons family is playable except for maggie. Everyone always wanted to be bart or homer. There was nothing more fun then playing with 3 strange kids and trying to beat them game. Sometimes you would get the right vibe with other kids and it became more then a game

You shared a moment. I know I did one time I finally beat it. It was me and 3 other boys and about $5 on me that I was determined to spend in order to see and beat the last boss. We pooled our money after some of us ran out just to keep the group together. Kids stopped trying to form a line to play and instead they watched because according to them this is the farthest anyone has ever gone in the game

The graphics are detailed and they help the game look like an episode of the tv show. The sound effects and music is still stuck in my head all these years later. Oh I forgot my story, yeah the 4 of us actually beat the game and it has a sweet ending( I wont spoil it for you). The game holds up well and is a must play. It's on the xbox live market place unless you time travel to the 90's where it was everywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment