Thursday, August 11, 2016

I got hi C ecto cooler and crystal pepsi

I just love how things from the 90's are coming back and this week has been retrotastic. I purchased 2 cases of the juice box hi C ecto cooler and a bunch of crystal pepsi. I had to hunt down both of them but it was well worth it for a tiny slice of the 90's and part of my childhood

Anyways I'll start off with crystal pepsi, it tastes very similar to normal pepsi and not like sprite or sierra mist therefore it'll throw off some customers but that's not why most people will buy it. I bought it because it's from the 90's and it came back, hopefully it inspires more 90's things to come back even if it's for a limited time. The bottle design is snazzy and plays well with the clear soda. Yes this is a soda and as such it has 69 grams of sugar just like the normal pepsi. I rarely drink soda so I have 1 opened to save and 1 unopened to also save. Usually the crystal pepsi is in a small cardboard display proclaiming it's back however it is also in the refrigerated aisle next to it's darker and much loved cousins pepsi and cherry pepsi

I only got the juice box version of ecto cooler and not the can version so I can't compare both but I have  tried various flavors of hi C throughout my short life(mostly at mcdonalds) and I can say that it is a let down. Well sorta, it's not some magical flavor that is soooo yummy, it's just orange and tangerine or a less sweet version of the hi C mcdonalds sells. It is still worth a try just for the unique box and the 90's factor of it


No comments:

Post a Comment