Saturday, October 21, 2017

Retro saturdays and goosebumps:one day at horrorland

One day at horrorland has one of my favorite goosebumps covers(among with the deep trouble books and the haunted school and monster blood 4 and others) simply because of how kreepy and inviting it is. I always thought the horror that was holding onto the sign was real and not some sort of fake plastic monster but that's the way a kid's mind works. The book is about a bee ok I kid, it's obviously about a theme park but not a boring haunted by ghosts theme park but one run by real monsters called horrors. The morris family gets lost on the way to zoo gardens and they find horrorland and of course they go in because well what else are they going to do and they might as well make the most of it

All the rides are off in a dangerous sort of way and to make a long story short, the morris family escapes the theme park but there is a slight twist ending. This book was always extremely popular to rent at the library so they had 4 or 6 copies and I always saw them when I would walk in. I never owned the book until 2007 but I am glad I have a piece of my childhood nostalgia



No comments:

Post a Comment