Saturday, October 7, 2017

Retro saturdays and safety scissors

just looking at these scissors takes me back to kindergarten and 1st and 2 grade. They were the scissors of choice for little kids so everyone had to use them at some point in the 90's. What I most remember is how bad they were at cutting, I would get so frustrated with cutting construction paper that I ended up screaming and possibly crying and kicking someone(I'm sorry), as it would just bend the paper and wrinkle it but not cut. There is such as thing as too safe and these were it

What the cool kids would do is place the scissors on construction paper and pour a lot of elmer's glue and let it dry then they would peel it off and have a glue scissor mold. This is why there was always glue residue on them and that also gives me nostalgia


No comments:

Post a Comment