Friday, January 15, 2016

Retro fridays and donkey kong land 3

Donkey kong land 3 is pretty special to me as it was my 1st gameboy game I got. I also got it with an extreme green gameboy pocket which I'll mention in another post. Anyways the graphics are really good for a gameboy game even if there's no color.

The gameplay is tight as the physics are straight from the snes donkey kong country 3. Obviously there aren't as many levels but the spirit of it's console big brother is still there with the wide variety of stages. The map isn't free roam but it still gets the job done.

The music is great especially for the gameboy and I strongly remember going to huntington park to the pacific and playing dkl3 while my mom browsed the stores.

I still have my childhood copy which I treasure very much and now I'm tempted to play it


No comments:

Post a Comment