Thursday, August 24, 2017

I am on the adult autism spectrum

Well I known since last year as my previous boss/owner of the company I worked at, gave me a through evaluation and determined I was on the highly functioning spectrum(it's not black and white and you don't just get told you have autism) and in case your wondering, she was a highly respected individual that does a lot of speeches/work with autism so I trusted her word. No this doesn't make me off as many presume about autism. It just means I think differently from others, it doesn't mean I'm handicapped or slow as many think about autism

Anyways the lack of eye contact is the giveaway about me as I simply can not make eye contact with someone unless I'm forced to. I have trouble with relationships including romance and I have trouble with making and keeping friends so I have a very small amount of friends. I have a lot of anxiety and I don't sleep very much. I sleep really late and wake up pretty early. I have to do things a certain way such as always sitting in the same spot in the break room and I always have to be on the left when I walk with someone, I always say no worries, I wash my hands frequently and I'm always washing my hands before I use my phone and before and after I eat food. I touch glass before I open a door. I am obsessed with the 90's. I have trouble conversing with others and I have a really good memory

Anyways hopefully this doesn't make people think less of me as I am not that different from you or others, I just process things differently

No comments:

Post a Comment