Friday, January 9, 2015

Retro fridays and donkey kong country 2

Donkey kong country 2 is a game that I have fond memories with. When it first came out I would try to rent it at a local video store but they never had it in stock. Maybe because it was $1 a day and they only had one copy. I kept trying and finally got to rent it after 4 months when it came out. It was everything I expected but harder. The music is the best part as is the colorful graphics. Obviously I couldn't buy it because it cost 64.99 at sears which is 100.71 in todays dollars. That is a lot for one game so I always thought I would never get to own this awesome game.

I would play it at best buy and sears when I tagged along with my mom but 2002 is when I actually got to own it. I saw it at a swapmeet for $20 and it was shrink wrapped new. I didn't mind that it was the later player's choice version so I bought it on sight. I enjoyed it for many hours and to make a long story short, I don't have it anymore.

I sold my snes and n64 games to buy a wii which of course DKC2 was one of my first purchases on the virtual console. I also have it for the gameboy advance but the graphics aren't as good. Every time I listen to the intro music, it takes me to a moment when the only worries I had were about my super nintendo


No comments:

Post a Comment