Monday, January 5, 2015

Time travel seems to be the new "in" thing for movies & tv

Yep like the title says, time travel is the hot new plot device.  Hindsight is a new tv show that will premiere on wednesday night on VH1. It's a show about a woman that is about to get married for the 2nd time in her life but she is having serious doubts. When she wakes up the next day, it turns out she time traveled to 1995 and has all her knowledge intact from what is now the future. In other words she has a do-over on her life. This is exactly what I want to do. I even wrote a screen play for a theater class in where the main character time travels to 1996. I also wrote a newspaper article for my school's paper about time traveling to 1992. 

Project almanac is a movie that is coming out this month on the 30th. Since it's not out yet I don't know much about it. I do know that some friends find the plans for a time machine and build one then the butterfly effect kicks in. It sounds similar to the back to the future movies but I want to see this movie.

To me time travel is something I talk about frequently on facebook and in real life. I even hope to get caught in a timewarp or pass through a glitch in the matrix. I'm not sure why it's become "cool" in hollywood to have time travel be a plot device but I like it


No comments:

Post a Comment