Saturday, January 10, 2015

Retro saturdays and thursday night smackdown

Just to let you all know, wwe smackdown is moving next week from fridays back to thursdays. Back in 1999 I didn't have cable or satellite so I couldn't watch any wwf programming. Then WWF debuted a new show called smackdown!. I instantly took a liking to it even if I only watched the first hour and taped the whole show to watch the next day. I liked the rock and chris jericho and DX and the big show and stone cold and the undertaker. I don't remember much of the matches but a few do stick out to me. The new age outlaws and the hardy boyz in a cage match, DX against the rock,mankind,stone cold and shane and arnold "the governor" punches triple h. The dx express and them kidnapping stone cold and mankind and attempting it with the rock but he somehow sneaks off. Cactus jack making his re debut against triple h, Mankind walking around when he was fired, mick foley as commissioner and the invasion. I didn't watch much after 2003 and I started watching it sparingly in 2006 and stopped again then returned to watching it in 2013. Smackdown and me go back a long way but I treasure each episode. Just watching it makes me misty eyed for the late 90's.


No comments:

Post a Comment