Tuesday, March 29, 2016

My grandpa's funerals was incredibly sad

I mean all funerals are downtrodden events but my grandpa's was especially sad. I didn't attend it because I was busy job hunting(which ended up successful) so now my grandpa is looking down at me and being proud of me

My grandpa was born in mexico and he lived in nebraska, the wake was in nebraska then his body(in the casket) was transported by plane all the way to a small mexican ranch where he was raised and he still has his old house there

One of his wishes was in death, for his daughters to feed the whole small town(which they did on the day of the funeral) and to have a mariachi band play. Not only was there 2 bands, they played the whole time from the feast to the burial at the graveyard

It was made into a dvd which is how I know what happened. The casket was lead by a huge convoy into the cemetery, this is where I could see how much of a presence my grandpa had. The convoy was easily 50 cars long and the cemetery was standing room only

In mexico a lot of graves are above ground so his casket was slid under the headstone that was already built for him. It was slowly (brick by brick) filled up with brick and mortar while my mom and my aunts cried and the mariachi band played. Random people from the town offered condolences to my mom and aunts

What made it more touching is that my grandpa is buried next to my grandma(who sadly, died 2 years before I was born) One of the reasons I didn't go is because I would not handle that moment

Just watching the video is incredibly touching and makes me want to cry. I hope to visit the grave when my sister is older and I can tell her what kind of person he was(she's currently 4) and pass on my memories onto her as she will hopefully outlive the rest of my family(dad,mom,brother,me)

No comments:

Post a Comment