Friday, March 11, 2016

Retro fridays and super mario rpg

2 days ago super mario rpg turned 20 years old. I have very fond memories with this game and it's one of my most favorite games ever. When it came out I rented it at hollywood video(it was next to earthbound and it's huge box) on a rainy day similar to today.

I quickly put it in my snes and started it up, I was amazed at the graphics in the intro video and it made me pumped to go back to bowser's castle. The music is the best part among with the graphics.

The turn based battles are fun with timed button presses among with random enemies like donkey kong, floating carrots, dogs and flowers. The storyline is that a huge sword crashed into bowser's castle and claimed it as his own and kicked him out.

As mario you have to rescue the princess then help out bowser(yes he joins your group and it was mind blowing at the time). I never beat the last boss but I can reply over and over the whole game simply because of the music and how charming it is


No comments:

Post a Comment