Saturday, March 12, 2016

Retro saturdays and official playstation magazine

In case you have vague memories of OPM, it was that magazine that was playstation only and came with a demo disc and it was encased in a plastic wrapping and it cost about 6.99 or 7.99 from my blurry memory.

I got my 1st issue when I got my playstation back in fall 1999. It was orange and had a ps2 on the cover, the demo disc was the only game I had for months. I got to know thrasher skate and destroy and twisted metal 4 and test drive offroad 3 very well.

Even today just looking at that cover or a opm demo disc takes me back to those times. The magazine was often purchased just for the demo disc.

Sadly, opm shut down and playstation magazine(psm) took over the opm name but didn't include the demo disc and I believe the 2nd coming of opm is also gone



No comments:

Post a Comment