Friday, March 18, 2016

Retro fridays and egm2 magazine

EGM2 magazine is something I hold dear to my heart. It's hard to do it on here but it's name is actually egm squared as the 2 is small and in the upper right corner of the magazine

It was a spin off from electronic gaming monthly and it focused more on cheats and walkthroughs and tips. Which is what I liked most about it because a lot of bigger games had maps in egm2. I had a subscription from 1997 to 1998(I would check the bill me later box)

Waiting for the mail each month and hoping I would get my new issue was one of my biggest joys of my childohod and it is an incredibly addicting feeling. It honestly can not be replicated with ebooks. I also got a subscription to nintendo power and disney's adventures but that's another post.

Obviously I have strong memories toward the issues from 1997 and 1998 especially the mortal kombat 4 cover which I got at a stater bros newstand and the banjo kazooie cover and the last/1st issue of egm2/expert gamer.

If you were to somehow find a copy nowadays it still holds up well although of course the references are dated.This is also the 1st issue I got in the mail




No comments:

Post a Comment