Thursday, November 3, 2016

It feels surreal to say the cubs won the 2016 world series

The cubs have been pretty meh most of my short life with some few good seasons like in 2003 and 2008 and 2009 and 2015 so the idea of the cubs going to the world series is already pretty jaw dropping but that they won it? and in a game 7, that's an out of body experience that doesn't feel real. I half expect this to be a dream or the trophy somehow taken away and the cubs didn't win but guess what, they did win and it was great

I was on edge the whole time and half expected the cubs to somehow blow it because this would mean the curse would come back with a vengeance if the cubs lost a game 7. I was counting outs and hoping john lacky got into the game as he has already pitched in a game 7 of the world series as a rookie(nerves of steel). When there was 5 outs left in the game is when the indians started making a comeback and I was hoping this wouldn't be all she wrote. But this team is different, they didn't dwell in the moment and get crushed, no they fought on and used the rain delay to inspire themselves

Sure back to the future 2 was off by the year but I finally got to see the cubs win the world series in my lifetime. That was one thing that was on my list of things to see before I die(among with seeing the dodgers win a world series) also this could be a great line in a job interview. You take a chance at a job you are unqualified for but you get an interview and the interviewer asks why you applied and you say "hey if the cubs can win a world series, I can give this a shot"

Today I walked to a liquor and bought a newspaper for the 1st time in about 5 or 8 years and I will keep this one for decades to come


No comments:

Post a Comment