Friday, November 18, 2016

Retro fridays and rock n roll racing

Another game I would rent frequently, rock n roll racing is now somewhat known as the first game to use licensed music. Sure the songs were just the instrumental versions but it was still cool to hear paranoid by black sabbath in a game. The game itself is a 3/4 isometric view racing game with weapons. You buy a car then you can spend money to upgrade it or buy a faster car and move onto other planets. Yeah in this game you race on different plants and some of the characters are inspired by the xenomorphs from aliens. The gameplay is pretty solid and at times the AI can be cheap but nothing too bad

I would rent this game as a last resort when I had a difficult choice between a random unknown game or rock n roll racing. I'm glad I made that choice often as the counter man said I was the only one that would rent it frequently. It was later ported to the gameboy advance(which I own) I spent plenty of time with my neighbor just racing and trash talking and having fun



No comments:

Post a Comment