Friday, November 4, 2016

Retro fridays and lunchables taco bell nachos and tacos

Yes lunchables are still around and I know this because I frequently buy the pizza ones when they are on sale for 99 cents as a snack and for the nostalgia. But this post isn't about the pizza, no back in 1997 through 1998 lunchables had a tie in with taco bell and sold a nachos lunchables and a tacos lunchables. Yes I did try both when they were sold and this is about those experiences.

The tacos one came with 2 or 3 tortillas(most likely 2) and orange shredded cheese and ground beef and of course the mini crunch bar. I'm not sure what was in the meat but I always ate it cold at school and never got sick from it, maybe this is why I have a high tolerance for food and rarely get sick from it. Kids always wanted a taco when I would bust out my mini tacos(yes they were small) and sometimes I traded one for other food(fair is fair) but mostly I ate the tacos and was left wanting more

The nachos lunchables is pretty easy to make currently and I'm not sure why it was actually made into a lunchables. It is small restaurant style circular chips with a packet of nacho cheese and salsa. Despite it's simplicity, it is yummy even if the portions are small

I wish both would make a limited time comeback as I used to wolf down the tacos and I miss them. Oh one last thing, the commercial has a cheesy 90's cgi lunchables in a western show down

Here's the link to the commercial

No comments:

Post a Comment