Friday, April 21, 2017

Retro fridays and crash team racing

Crash team racing was easily the best kart racer on the playstation 1 and one of the greatest racing games on that system(2nd only to gran turismo 2). Nintendo's mario kart games started a trend and sony wasn't going to take it laying down so ctr was created. It stars crash bandicoot and his friends and enemies in a kart racing game very similar to mario kart 64 but I believe ctr has better graphics and no slow down even when you play 4 players together

Let's say you only had a playstation 1 and you were jealous of your friends that had mario kart 64, crash team racing was your answer and it made your n64 friends jello(jealous). Ever since I played a demo, I really wanted ctr and I finally bought it when I sold my old neighbor's nes games to funcoland(they were common bad games). Me and my brother would play this game in 2 player mode over the years. We didn't agree on much but ctr was our go back to play together. I still miss those times and even though my brother is still around we haven't played ctr in years and I think 2012 might have been the last time we played together and I lost interest playing 1 player mode. The memories still linger, if you never played it, PLAY IT! it's that good


No comments:

Post a Comment