Friday, April 14, 2017

Retro fridays and electronic gaming monthly

Ah egm magazine, me and egm go way back and it is a staple of my childhood and teen and adult years. It is a video game magazine that has some extra wit in it but what gives me the memories are the april fools jokes and the size of the magazine. In the 90's there was some issues that were easily 400+ pages in lenght, the size of a phone book and it was $4.99 too. The april fools jokes were/still are legendary. For example everyone bought into the shen long in street fighter 2 joke or the remake of the wind waker with 3D graphics or the all bonds cheat in golden eye or sonic and tails in super smash bros melee. EGM always knew how to get people talking about april fools and it was great

For the longest time, egm is where I got the latest video game news and cheats and to see if a particular game was good or not. I got a subscription to it in the early 00's and kept it for a few years until it lost some of it's luster. Then it stopped being made and came back and I'm not sure if it is still being made or not.  I still have a lot of my egms and I recently acquired a lot from the mid 90's. EGM magazine may not be popular anymore but it holds a special place in my heart


No comments:

Post a Comment