Friday, April 28, 2017

Retro fridays and st anger

St anger is a metallica album that came out in 2003 and was seen as a huge disappointment at the time of it's release. If your not familar with the band metallica, they were a thrash metal band in the 80's and slowed down and changed to a more melodic sound in the early 90's. With st anger they took a left turn and went for a garage band type of sound that I like because it sounds good in a car

That sound change is what lead to them being called sell outs again and it was hugely unpopular but it was cool to hate st anger. The video for st anger was always on mtv and yes I did buy the cd and I still have it somewhere in a cd wallet under my bed. My favorite songs on it are frantik and st anger and yes I still listen to this black sheep of an album from time to time. Nowadays people have forgotten about it except for the cover but it was once an extremely popular album to hate


No comments:

Post a Comment