Saturday, April 15, 2017

Retro saturdays and micro machines

Me and micro machines go way back. Ever since my 5th or 6th birthday I got a micro machines van and 2 packs(I think) of micro machines cars. Micro machines have been part of my childhood ever since I was very little and I still have a lot of my childhood ones that my mom saved from destruction(or from giving them away). If you don't know what micro machines are, well they are small cars that are 1/4 the size of a hot wheel and they came in a pack of 5 in a package with a big blister that took up a lot of room, that's probably the reason why there aren't that many unopened micro machines at yard sales compared to hot wheels. For my 6th birthday( I think) I got a micro machines van playset which is a big van that unfolds into a city play area for micro machines, it had a drag area and a mini mountain and a bridge and a river, police station, airplane hanger, gas station, car wash and an airport. All this in a van the size of  big shoe box. i also got 2 five packs of mms so I spent a lot of my childhood playing with that van and those tiny cars and pretending there was a police chase and traffic jams

That van got left outside in my teen years and it got ruined by rain but I kept most of my micro machines cars/trucks into my adult years and I still have them. I like them even more now compared to in my childhood so I always look for them at yard sales and swap meets and thrift stores. Little kid me would be so jealous of adult me and all the micro machines I own. I wish the cars/trucks/vans/airplanes/boats were still made but they would probably be considered a choking hazard. I always wanted a lot when I was little but at least I had my small collection


No comments:

Post a Comment