Friday, April 7, 2017

Retro fridays and final fight 3

One of the few instances in a trilogy where the 3rd entry is the best one, easily the pinnacle of the final fight series, ff3 is the one you must play.  Building up the previous 2 games, ff3 has a super bar that lets you do super moves similar to street fighter alpha1-3. The stages have more variety and the gameplay has been tightened up so there is the satisfying feeling of destroying goons with a well timed jump kick

I used to rent it a lot from a small video store and I would always try to beat the game with my brother or cousin but we were never able to as the later stages got too hard. It was my go to game if I didn't have any game in mind. I own it on my wii and still play it from time to time. It's just that good and a great example of a by gone era and genre. Beat'em ups aren't so popular nowadays so it is a nice little time capsule

No comments:

Post a Comment