Friday, May 19, 2017

Retro fridays and earthworm jim

Earthworm jim is a game I should have played more often when I was little but I never did as I never actually owned it. I rented it a few times from the local video store as the box art looked cool and yes that was a thing, you would get a game based on what the cover looked like without knowing if it was good or not. Anyways earthworm jim is a 2D platforming game for the snes,genesis and gameboy and pc but I grew up with the snes and later on the pc versions. You play as an earthworm that goes into a suit and has a ray gun of some sort. The levels and enemies and characters are all 90's soo edgy to the limit types, for example there's princess what's her name(her actual name) and one level takes place on a grill where you have to jump from hot dog to hot dog while avoid forks

The gameplay is solid and the game is normal difficulty, it's not too hard or not too easy and there are cheats if you feel it's too challenging. When I got a pc, I "borrowed" the shareware cd version of earthworm jmi or I might have gotten one of those 100+ games cd roms that had a lot of shareware games. I would never beat the game and now I own it on the gba(one of the many ports) so I will bust it out for old times sake. There was a sequel and a planned playstation 3D version although the n64 version was released but that lost it's charm. EWJ is a nice solid game despite it's toilet humor and 90'sness of it

No comments:

Post a Comment