Friday, May 19, 2017

Retro fridays and ecto cooler

Now that enough time has passed from the recent re-release I can do a proper post about ecto cooler. Anyways ecto cooler is simply citrus cooler with a snazzy new name as a tie in to the ghostbusters movies. It's a tangerine orange flavored juice with a green color. It had slimer the ghost on the front and that was that, it got famous because well I'm not sure why or how it would get so popular. The late 80's to early 90's were a weird time. I drank some a lot in my childhood especially the juice box version and I don't remember the can versions at all

Ecto cooler was officially discontinued in the late 90's but you could still get it as late as the early 00's under a different hi C name. I remember in 2004, the 99 cents store sold the packs of the juice boxes with slimer on the cover and I believe that still had them in the late 00's. Yes I do regret not getting some but luckily there was the reboot of the ghostbusters movie and I was able to get my hands again on some ecto cooler. I have a lot of both the cans of the reborn ecto and as someone that has tried both the original and the re-release, the original one tastes more orangy and sweeter, almost like a toned down version of the current orange hi C juice at mcdonalds and the re-release tastes like tangerine juice. For those of us that remember the 90's, ecto cooler was something that we took for granted but it was a popular part of the decade


No comments:

Post a Comment