Saturday, May 13, 2017

Retro saturdays and doom

Doom is one game that has my back and I have it's back for years and will continue to do so. If it was a person, doom would be my bff but it's not as it is a video game for the pc,ps1,android,ios,snes and other systems I'm forgetting and that's not including games where the full game is a bonus like the ultimate edition of doom 3 for the xbox. Doom is a fps shooter that set the mold and continues to be a great game. If you never played it, well play it anyway you can but avoid the atari jaguar version. I first played it on a pc with the windows 95 cd rom version and I was hooked. Sure it was a shareware disc and I could only play the 1st episode(the other 2 you had to pay to play and was dlc before dlc was a thing) but I did have a lot of fun just beating the same levels over and over again with cheats on. Of course there was god mod and noclipping(you could walk through walls) and infinite ammo. The cheats were just as much of the experience as the gameplay

I would later on get all of the episodes when I got ultimate doom and I couldn't stop playing, I would get doom 2 and final doom but there's something about doom that keeps me coming back for more. I would play it at my friend's house with his brother and even though he had a n64 and playstation and snes and genesis and 32x(he had parents with $$) but we would always play doom and sometimes his mom would get us pizza or ice cream or popsicles. I have doom on my droid 2 for old times sake and I have vanilla doom on this laptop I'm typing this on but it's also playable in a web browser. Doom is something that has been part of my life for a long time and it's not going away

Oh the game itself can be hard depending on your difficulty level but it's not that bad, I like the atmosphere of the levels and seeing a cyber demon for the first time and being so scared


No comments:

Post a Comment