Friday, May 26, 2017

Retro fridays and king of fighters 1996

I'm not sure why king of fighters 1996 gives me the most nostalgia, maybe it's because it's the one I have played the most and spent the most time with. I had a tips and tricks magazine back in the 90's and one of them had a big moves list/background details about every character in this game. Oh I should mention that kof 1996 is a 2D 1 on 1 fighting game for the arcades and I don't remember what other home consoles, My memories come from the arcade version though. Anyways that game at the time had a huge roster and yes it blew my mind and I always picked terry bogard or billy and I could destroy a lot of people with them

Sadly I would move onto ultimate mortal kombat 3 and xmen vs street fighter but I'll never forget the king of fighters 1996, I haven't played it since then but I'm sure it's waiting for me after all this time to start it up and go on a nostalgia trip. Obviously I'm not sure if kof 1996 holds up today but it was a very good fighting game when I last played it so it's worth a shot

No comments:

Post a Comment