Thursday, September 21, 2017

I got samus returns 3 days ago and it is worth it

Especially if your a fan of the previous metroid games but if your not then it's still a great must have/play game. I have played metroid 2 very rarely(which samus returns is a remake of) so this was almost a new game for me but what made it better was the graphics and the weapons from other metroid games and the mini map. If there's one thing that was sorely needed in metroid 1(remade into zero mission) and metroid 2 was a mini map like the kind in super metroid and metroid prime

The background graphics and music and even the sound effects remind me a lot of metroid prime, the get item jingle is the exact same from metroid prime 1 and I swore some of these backgrounds are from metroid prime 1 also. The controls are tight and quickly become second nature which is good because some of the metroids are extremely tough among with some unrelenting enemies. For example those wasp like flying creatures that will just charge you, luckily there is a new move that I call the knife. It works similar to the knife in resident evil games as it is a counterattack in close quarters. however in samus returns, the knife temporary stuns the enemies and you can quickly attack with a powered up beam and kill enemies in 1 or 2 hits, this seems like one of the few differences but it gives the game more of a frantic feel. I have had the time of my life playing samus returns and 30-50 mins seem like only 10 as you can easily get lost(not literally) but you get sucked into the experience

No comments:

Post a Comment