Friday, September 22, 2017

Retro fridays and crown bookstore

Crown bookstore was a video game store/arcade ok I'm kidding it was a bookstore. Think of borders but smaller and they only sold books, if you never been to a borders or don't remember it well I'm not sure what to say. Anyways there was a crown bookstore at the whittwood mall and it was my 2nd favorite store there after kb toys. I could spend hours just reading the latest magazines and checking out the kids books. I still remember the layout where they had the magazines then the kids books close by in a U shaped area and it had 2 separate entrances. In the summer I used to ride my bike and spend hours there, one of my favorite memories was when I went with my dad and brother and we went to kb toys first. I got donkey kong land 2 for $20 and some spice girls lollipops and sea monkeys and something else I'm forgetting. I got the 1st issue of pocket games magazine at crown bookstore and a tv guide at the sav-on drugs. It was a spendy day that has stayed in my mind all these years which is funny how the mind works

By the early 00's crown bookstore was in bad shape as they had more sales and lower prices and less inventory. I last remember going in 2002-2003 and getting self help books, after that I believe it closed down the a year later the mall itself closed then it got demolished and there is now a target and panera bread where crown bookstore used to be. I half expect the mall to still be there but it's only a dream


No comments:

Post a Comment