Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Toys r us is filling for chapter 11 bankruptcy and my childhood is going away

I have fond childhood memories of toys r us and now it is in bad shape. The thing about chapter 11 is that toys r us will have an extremely hard time bouncing back and I might as well start getting ready for the company to go out of business, it's sad to hear but I hope in the slim chance it does bounce back I will be there waiting with open arms. Toys r us has fallen on hard times and I will support it no matter what, I used to go there when I was little to look at the newest goosebumps books and to check out the super nintendo games. I remember looking at the new game boy pocket and wanting one among with a playstation and nintendo 64 and a mini super nintendo. It's where I got yoishi's island on launch day for $19.99 and they had the whole system with flaps. You would take a paper ticket and pay at the register then they gave you a receipt which you would take to a specific area and an employee would give you the game(s) your purchased. The little anticipation of waiting for him to go get it would make an kid develop a.d.d. but it worked and now it's part of the nostalgia. I also remember getting the january 1998 issue of nintendo power and reading it and re-reading it for the next 2 or 3 years(I still have it) I spent many happy hours at toys r us and now it will be gone soon

Kmart has been dying since 2005 and ironically it has outlasted both kb toys and toys r us and that makes me sad. Toys r us will be gone soon so I will take pictures of it while it's still around but it will not be forgotten

No comments:

Post a Comment