Saturday, September 23, 2017

Retro saturdays and say cheese and die again

Say cheese and die again is the sequel to say cheese and die and the 44th book in the goosebumps series but it also gives me a lot of nostalgia, see back in the 90's there was a mall in santa fe springs, california called the sfs mall and one of the anchor stores was a target that is still there. One cool evening in 1996 I went with my mom and dad and my mommy got me the newest goosebumps book which was say cheese and die again, it was a rare occasion so I of course treasured it and I still have that book. I spent 30 mins near the mall entrance with my mom just waiting for my dad and in the meantime I kept looking at the cover and tried to figure out what the book was going to be about and if there was a family dinner scene

The book itself goes back to the same house as the 1st book but now it's destroyed and main character greg finds the same camera because he needs it for proof for his teacher to give him a passing grade on his report on a evil camera. Greg accidentally takes a picture of his friend and himself and they get fat and thin and have to reverse the effects. One somewhat scary part is where greg also accidentally takes a pic of a kid who is part of the new family moving into the abandoned property(which is why the house is torn down) and he ends up getting a huge inches long nail stuck in his foot. It's described pretty gruesomely and it's still stuck in my mind

No comments:

Post a Comment