Saturday, September 23, 2017

Retro saturdays and godzilla (1997)

The one thing I remember most from this movie is the taco bell tie in with the talking dog taunting the godzilla and new chalupas and godzilla toys at taco bell, there was also the spin off cartoon that didn't last long, oh I remember how hyped I was from trailer/commercial which you can see here because godzilla destroys the trex skeleton at a museum(a not so subtle jab at the lost world jurassic park) and I thought the movie would be so cool. I might be the only person that actually liked it as it had a cool big monster destroying a city. Anyways when it came out the posters were everywhere and it was cool to wear godzilla shirts and the movie itself was pretty cool

I didn't understand how something that big could live in the ocean undiscovered for so long then just pop out but it works. The movie is mostly everyone running away from godzilla while the army shoots missiles at it and a french guy(jean reno) get's the main character to help him out to figure out another way to get Godzilla without weapons


No comments:

Post a Comment