Friday, September 15, 2017

Retro fridays and goosebumps a night in batwing hall

So why this particular goosebumps book? well it gives me a strong sense of nostalgia and I can't be the only one that gets warm fuzzy feelings when you look at the cover. A night in batwing hall is the 3rd book in the give yourself goosebumps series and therefore it has the shiny holographic cover. I first saw it when it was new at crown bookstore and I instantly wanted it but I didn't have money for it as I was a jobless little kid. I would see it often at super kmart when I went to check out the newest goosebumps books but it was too much money. I would see it a few weeks later in a schoolastic order form at school and it was 2.49 and this time it wasn't too much money, I placed an order and waited and waited and it felt like it would never arrive. On a cold rainy cloudy day, it finally arrived although I had to wait until school was almost over because they like to build anticipation. So while i was waiting for my dad's white 1989 f150 to pull up, I just had to look and look at the cover and it was amazing. Something about the furry bat makes it pop, I still have that book and it always takes me back to my childhood

No comments:

Post a Comment