Friday, June 19, 2015

Retro fridays and arcades

For as long as I can remember I have been going to arcades. I remember going to the ones in a basement on pacific blvd at Huntington Park and close by there was a mini arcade too. I remember going to bell gardens and playing xmen vs street fighter at a grocery store. I remember my aunt used to lived next door to a mini mart that had samurai shodown 3. I used to go to chuck e cheese to play the simpsons game and I even remember getting super mario land 2 from toys r us next door and playing it at chuck e cheese

I became really good at xmen vs street fighter and it's sequel (marvel super heroes vs street fighter) and tekken 3. My most vivid memory is beating the jurassic park arcade game and the simpsons arcade game, nothing gets strangers together like that game

Sadly arcades are dying except for my childhood one I used to go to a lot. It is still going strong and just like how I remember it. One day I'll go and it'll be just like how when I was 8. Kids these days just don't know the joy of beating a stranger on street fighter 2 or learning how to do a dragon punch or waiting in line for your turn to challenge the "master"



No comments:

Post a Comment