Friday, June 19, 2015

Why I love the 90's

I know I talk about the 90's A LOT so it's no secret it's my favorite time period. However there is some reasons why I like the 90's a lot more then the 2010's. For example I don't like how the majority of people are always on their phones lots of times. Go on a bus or a shopping mall and you'll see what I mean, it's as if people can't stand to be away from a phone. In the 90's cell phones weren't as common so people would actually pay attention to their surroundings. I am one of the few people that can go out in public without using my phone. I am aware of the people and cars around me.

Another thing I like about the 90's that cars actually had windows. Look at any car or suv or truck from the 90's and you'll see they have huge windows especially compared to it's modern day counterpart. I know cars have gun slit windows because of safety reasons but they could be a little bit bigger. A car should not make your claustrophobic even with the windows down.

I like how people in the 90's actually had patience, can you imagine nowadays if a game only gave you 3 or 5 lives and little to no continues? it would be labeled the worst game ever but yet that was common in the snes era. Why? because you couldn't look up a review to see if it's good or not, you either rented it or borrowed from a friend or hope to find it at a store. A lot of the times it was blind luck and faith that you got a good game but regardless of your choice you were stuck with it. Not everyone could afford the $40+ price of new games so you bought them used at swapmeets.So you had to put up with whatever questionable game you got.

Which leads me to my next point, you couldn't just look up reviews or see a video or anything like that. You had to depend on word of mouth or a magazine review. This would explain why certain movies are successful. I also love how colorful the clothes were in the early 90's with saved by the bell being a good example of this.

I like how more companies were around because of the booming ecnomy(kb toys, circuit city, hollywood video) and the world was a happier place. You could go through an airport in about 5 mins and you didn't have to worry about a hijacking(well you did but no one thought it would be possible). You could go all the way up to the boarding gate without a ticket.

The world was a lot less political correct and less worried about the safety of kids. Now everything has warning signs in order to avoid lawsuits. Toy stores like toys r us used to have lots of merchandise on the shelves, so much that certain aisles were noticeably darker. TRU had a magical feel because of how much stuff they had.

Magazine racks at grocery stores were a lot bigger, nowadays they have a small one tucked away in some dark corner almost like a bully that got a time out and no one wants to see the shame. There are lots more reasons why I love the 90's but I'll end this hear


 

No comments:

Post a Comment