Friday, July 3, 2015

Retro fridays and the whittwood mall

This is an oddly specific retro friday but I'm sure there was once a mall in your town that you have fond childhood memories of. For me, the whittwood mall is just that example. I have fond childhood memories of the mall and I'm sure I'm not the only one.I remember going to a store called gamequest which sold board games and pokemon cards and it's the place where I got my first jungle theme pack back in the early 00s. There was a candy store that I went once and got like 5 pounds of random sweets. I have vivid memories of the kb toys. I would play with this spiky vibrating ball that plays the song wipeout(get your mind out of the gutter) and check out the giga pets and video games and spice girls lollipops. One day I spent $50 on donkey kong land 2 and candy and sea monkeys and other things I don't remember(probably a magazine)

I used to love going to the crown bookstore and the arcade and the sav ons for some reason. I remember getting a tv guide with survivor in the cover. I also remember going to the crown bookstore on my bike and getting the 1st issue of pocket games magazine. Sadly the mall only exists in photos and memory now. It got replaced with an outdoor shopping center with sears and vons being the only stores still standing.




No comments:

Post a Comment