Friday, December 9, 2016

Retro fridays and hit me baby one more time

This song was britney spear's very 1st hit single and the reason why she became so popular. What brought the song over the top was the music video and the frequent airplay. I would frequently go to sears with my mom and of course this song would come on over the musak, it was everywhere and I couldn't escape from britneymania. When the music video debuted britney's school girl outfit was considered extremely risque as was the video itself. When you look back at it, the video is pretty tame so it's funny to see how things changed over the years. Britney rode her hit single to fame and fortune and it seemed like she became huge overnight similar to nirvana

I was on the this song is meh bandwagon that was pretty popular in the late 90's but britney spears still gives me strong nostalgia for the late 90's to early 00's especially when I hear hit me baby one more time


No comments:

Post a Comment