Saturday, December 24, 2016

Retro saturdays and disney movie box toys from mcdonalds

It's hard to explain so a picture will say a lot and those of us that would get these toys from mcdonalds will remember them. It is a thin plastic(possibly vinyl or pvc) box with the cover being the same as the vhs version and the box had a plastic figure relating to the movie. For example woody with toy story and simba with the lion king and bambi with bambi. That's all there was to it but for some reason it captivated us and lead us to try to collect them all

The anticipation of buying a happy meal and wondering what movie box you would get almost makes me want to get a happy meal now. I would usually get a simba or bambi and there was a 2nd and possibly 3rd run. More disney movies got released in the 90's and there was more of these box figures toys released, based off my rough memory I would say there was about 15 different kinds

I still see these at swap meets and they always take me back to my childhood

No comments:

Post a Comment