Saturday, December 3, 2016

Retro saturdays and virtual fighter 1

When released, virtual fighter 1 was a groundbreaking revolution in the fighting game genre when it was released. It is a 3D polygon(buzz term) fighter that was grounded in reality. There was no 30 feet super jumps, no fireballs or teleporting or blood, just 1 on 1 fighting using your fists and feet. It was a breath of fresh air and quickly became the most talked about fighting game and later saw a home port on the sega saturn. I played it a few times and liked it, mostly because the xmen vs street fighter arcade was full. Whenever I would go to pizza hut there would be a VF arcade machine and I always played some matches while I waited for my 'za

I have never owned a sega saturn or virtual fighter 1 in home form so that's all my nostalgia of it. I do also remember it was covered in egm and gamepro and egm2 and tips and tricks. The sequel came out next year and got all the attention and hype and play time but the original is still good if a little blocky and is a great game


No comments:

Post a Comment