Saturday, December 31, 2016

Retro saturdays and spirograph "game"

Even though it's technically a board game, I don't consider spirograph to be much of one. It's more a drawing tool for kids and adults. What it is, a drawing pad or papers with colored pencils and a square frame with circular shaped tools with small openings in them. The frame has "teeth" and so did the circles and you would put the tip of a pencil through an opening and hold it down then move the circle to produce weird spiro patterns on paper

That was it and it seems simple but it gave me a lot of joy when I was little. I don't remember if my mom got me one when I was in kindergarten or she found one that the neighbors threw out(they would leave a lot of good toys in a box by the recycle bin when I was little and that also gives me nostalgia) and kept it for me. I would spend hours outside just drawing by myself and I'm tempted to get one for old times sake


No comments:

Post a Comment