Thursday, June 8, 2017

I have an addiction to nostalgia

Have you ever noticed that nostalgia is like a drug and no I'm not a drug user

Everytime I watch music videos, cartoon intros or video games from when I was a kid, I feel like I'm injecting heroin. Never did soft or hard drugs but I imagine that's what it feels like. Feeling safe again.. everything's gonna be ok, living in a simple world where you only think about good things like how cool that lego set is that your mom bought you to your 7th birthday. There's just so much peace and endless joy in your mind.
The feeling lessened over the time and I have a hard time now finding the right triggers. I get angry and more depressed if I can't go back to the mental state when I was a child. It is one of the few things that give me hope to live. I have a hard time finding material that triggers the right amount of nostalgia

No comments:

Post a Comment