Friday, June 30, 2017

Retro fridays and california love

Something about california love transports me back to 1995 and 1996 when it was(still is) extremely popular. It has the cool laid back feel of classic west coast rap and deathrow records and has roger troutman using his talkbox. When it came out it was everywhere and by everywhere I mean lots of cars were blasting it. You couldn't escape it now matter how much you tried which is ironic because this song is used in a lot of tv shows and movies and commercials and even played at walmart over the musik. 2pac and dr dre are rolling over in their graves knowing that walmart took out the lyrics and plays it as a "calm" song

California love is anything but a mellow song ok it is but it also gets you hyped up and want to cruise in the evening in southern california as I almost do. I love to blast it on a friday evening or saturday evening or even a saturday morning as I go to my childhood burger king or to a yard sale. It sounds amazing and something everyone has to try as it puts you in a good mood. There isn't much else to say, it was originally a song for dr dre and 2pac ended up getting added to it and it was released on all eyez on me and it became a huge hit and the most well known song in all of rap. Here's the link to the video


No comments:

Post a Comment