Saturday, June 24, 2017

Retro saturdays and batman and robin

This post is about the movie batman and robin(4th in the series) and not the tv show or video games titled the adventures of batman and robin. When released there was already the bar set low from batman forever and although technically batman and robin was a better movie, it didn't move the needle very much and soured a lot of people on the batman brand. I didn't care and focused more on who the villans were(mr freeze,bane,poison ivy) and who was in it(arnold,george cloney,alicia silverstone) and that is why I liked this movie and have a lot of nostalgia for it

I saw it in theaters at a place that long shut down and is now a planet fitness that still gives me memories. As a kid, the marketing for b&r was huge and extended into pop tarts(although no batman logo shaped tarts) and disney adventures(still have that issue) and breakfast cereal and valentines day cards and cookies and gummies. I couldn't get enough of the pop tarts and then this movie was forgotten about when batman begins came along

I didn't forget and batman and robin holds a place in my mind, It may be because of the cheese factor or it was simply the most 90's movie at the right time and is a product of it's time, I am just drawn to this movie


No comments:

Post a Comment