Saturday, June 24, 2017

Retro saturdays and judge dredd the game

Judge dredd was a movie released in the 90's about the future and a robot police officer from what I seen from commercials as I have never seen the movie but I have played the super nintendo game. Back in the 90's you couldn't just look up a review of a game and see if it's good or not, you couldn't find gameplay videos either as your best bet would be to hope you had an old egm magazine or nintendo power that reviewed a game. This made game rentals seem like a game of roulette as you only had word of mouth(sometimes not even that) and the cover of the game label to base your choice on. This is why I rented judge dredd for the super nintendo, I thought it was a cool game about some sort of futuristic cop or detective. I was half right but the game itself was standard for the day platforming with "objectives" involving rescuing civilians or finding the right key or destroying 5 objects. I couldn't get past the 1st level as the objectives list was pretty small and the missions can fly right over your head if your a little kid, it's kind like the game aero the acrobat. Anyways i did get my money's worth from the 1 day rental and no I dont' suggest you rent or buy judge dredd and instead you watch the movie


No comments:

Post a Comment