Friday, June 9, 2017

Retro fridays and batman returns

Batman returns holds a special place in my heart, it's the first movie I vividly remember seeing in theaters. I was with my cousin and dad and possibly my little brother and it was at a small 3 screen movie theater that is sadly gone now and replaced by a planet fitness. Anyways I wasn't that much into the movie so I spent a lot of time playing arcade games in the lobby and goofing off and generally being a little kid. I only remember that it was set in winter and catwoman and the batmobile. That experience has stayed etched in my mind all these years so it's why I like batman returns so much. Sure it's not a AAA movie but it's still great and holds up well and has good atmosphere among with catwoman and the penguin and the batmobile is a lot cooler then the tumbler.

Batman returns is also the 2nd part of the batman "quadrilogy" with all of the movies being very loosely interconnected and it's the last good one then came the modern rebooted the dark knight series. I own the vhs even though I never had it when I was little, just to remind myself of how far I come since those days

No comments:

Post a Comment