Saturday, July 1, 2017

Retro saturdays and fishing games toys

There isn't much to these fishing games and they are still being made today but they brought me hours of entertainment when i was little and when I was tired/bored of weekend afternoon tv/hot wheels/super nintendo. I used to have the simpler wind up ones that didn't give you much time and got frustrating pretty quickly and the bigger more expensive battery operated ones. The technology is pretty simple, you have a fishing pole(s, but I would lose all but one) which is a thin plastic stick and had a magnetic reel. The fish themselves would open and close their mouths randomly and had a small metallic circle inside so you would get close and pull one out

The wind up ones gave you a few seconds of the fish moving in circles while the battery powered ones ran until the batteries RIP so you can tell which one I played with more. I didn't have much growing up so I made the most of what I had and looking back at things now, idk how I did it


No comments:

Post a Comment