Saturday, July 22, 2017

Retro saturdays and dazed and confused

There used to be a swap meet off the 605 freeway across a few ways from the rose hills cemetery, it was called the fiesta swap meet and I used to go there a lot in the early 00's although sadly it's gone. Back then I was a curious kid and I would get cheap vhs movies(25 or 50 cents each) and I would buy some R rated ones because of hormones. Yeah don't judge me >.> One movie I remember buying was dazed and confused simply because of the setting. I knew nothing about it other then it seemed to take place in the 70's

So of course I got it and I took it home to watch and it was an enjoyable movie. I liked how it took place on mostly one day well a day and a half instead of over a few years or months. I liked seeing all the actors that would later move onto bigger and better things such as ben aflleck, matthew mconaughy,milla jovovich,parker posey and marissa ribisi. Of course what I most remember is wooderson's famous well parodied line

"alright alright alright" and "that's what I love about these high school girls man, I get older they stay the same age"


No comments:

Post a Comment