Friday, July 7, 2017

Retro fridays and fruitopia

Fruitopia was a juice made by coke a cola targeted towards edgy kids/teens in the mid to late 90s as a "cooler" version of snapple. That's all it was, a simple juice with uneven font to look cool but it worked or at least it did for kids like me. I couldn't get enough of fruitopia and I very rarely drank snapple(it's competition) or orbitz soda or even surge later on. It was sold in plastic bottles,cans and glass bottles ala snapple but the plastic ones were the huge sellers and I always got strawberry passion as it tasted a lot more like pomengrante and less like strawberry

There wasn't much else to this juice and it was a product of it's time and environment as edgy juices went out in the early 00's and coke a cola moved on with surge but I still haven't forgotten my old pal fruitopia

No comments:

Post a Comment